Eric brings decades of marketing experience to small businesses and nonprofits who need an expert in a diversity of critical marketing operations. Here's his functional resume:
- 2018-Present: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness Marketing and Communication Committee. Results: Have spearheaded efforts and programs increasing the ability for local affiliates to better educate the public re: mental illness stigma.
- 2018-2019: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Idaho Board of Directors. Results: Improved the technological capabilities of a statewide non-profit.
- 2017-2019: President, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Treasure Valley Board of Directors. Results:
- Directed the resurrection of the largest local mental health non-profit in Idaho without the guidance of NAMI Idaho and NAMI National.
- Spearheaded acquisition of IRS 501(c)(3) status.
- Published the state's most comprehensive mental health resources directory.
- Tripled the number of board members and increased membership rolls by 30%.
- Increased donations from $4,000 to $44,689 in one year.
- Directed the development of the organization’s first policy and procedure manual as well as updated bylaws.
- Enhanced the efficiency of board collaboration by instituting committees while decreasing the number of board emails.
- Instituted document retention and financial audit systems.
- Upgraded website with the most extensive information about free mental health programs in the area.
- Dramatically improved collaboration with other mental health-related non-profits.
- 2000: President, Linder Elementary PTO President. Results: Diversified fundraising sources portfolio.
- 1999-2000: Chairman, Ada County Republican Party. Results: Personally spearheaded the development of voter-targeted databases and strategies still being used today.
- 1997-2003: Club President, then eventually regional U.S. leader, in Toastmasters. Directed several multi-state conferences involving multiple speakers in multiple topic tracks. Results: District was awarded as one of the top in the world. District was awarded as one of the top in the world.
- Started marketing career in 1992 by promoting the toughest product in the world: politicians.
- Since then, he has run dozens of political campaigns, as well as serving Public Information Officer for state and county government and marketing director for Idaho's largest pain management clinic.
- Eric's daily review of many marketing blogs means he is well informed about how to improve small business' marketing Return on Investment (ROI) using low-cost, high-engagement strategies and tactics.
- Over 30 years communication experience.
- Expert writer, having honed his informational writing skills as a radio and TV reporter, anchor and producer (note: TV news writing is the best style for web and blog writing).
- Having served for years as a regional U.S. leader in Toastmasters, and as a Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM), Eric's persuasive communication skills have won dozens of presentation awards as well as an international public relations award.
- A website developer since 1995, has developed dozens of websites.
- Early adopter of CSS (1997), Search Engine Optimization (1999) being one the first users of Google Analytics (2005) and responsive website design (2010).
- By reading over a dozen website development blogs daily, keeps abreast of modern website development innovations.
- Started conceptualizing, shooting and editing video in 1988 as a photographer/reporter at KOMU-TV (Columbia, MO), in 1990 as a producer at WHOI-TV and in 1991 KIDK-TV (Idaho Falls, ID).
- Eric's professional training in mixing video and audio gives him a solid edge in quality video production, unlike many who rose through the ranks of amateur videographers.
- Began work in broadcast advertising in 1988, as a copywriter and ad producer at KCMQ radio in Columbia, MO.
- In 1992, he was writing and designing marketing collateral, newspaper, radio, billboard and TV ads for political candidates. By 2001, he was actively purchasing Google Adwords.
- In 2014, he added Facebook ads to his pay-per-click advertising repertoire.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Eric has advised scores of small business owners and managers in evaluating their Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats (SWOT), as well as county governments developing their own Mission / Vision / Values / Goals statements.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Journalism, University of Columbia School of Journalism (widely considered as one of the top Journalism schools in the U.S.), Dec. 1989.
- 2019-Present: Owner, Nonprofit Marketing, Meridian, ID
- 2004-Present: Owner, Small Business Marketing, Meridian, ID
- 2012-2014: Marketing Director, Idaho Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Boise, ID
- 2006-2012: Marketing Manager, Integrative Health Consultants, Boise, ID
- 2002-2004: Project Manager, Ada County Sheriff's Office, Boise ID
- 1996-2002: Public Information Officer, Ada County Assessor's Office, Boise ID
- 1995-1996: Public Information Officer, Idaho Attorney General's Office, Boise ID
Click on a thumbnail to view the video.